Tabors Caramanis Rudkevich (https:www.tcr-us.com) is an engineering economics consulting group that provides consulting, simulation modelling and litigation support on a range of electric market and natural gas market design, market operation and asset valuation issues at both the federal and state level. TCR provides consulting services to a wide range of clients including generation and transmission companies, Independent System Operators (ISOs), distribution utilities, energy policy makers and regulators, efficiency program administrators, environmental groups and consumer advocates.
An analyst at TCR works closely with senior TCR staff and team members in executing project-driven assignments with varying levels of client exposure and technical complexity. A typical assignment begins with understanding the problem by conducting comprehensive market research, continues with discrete quantitative and analytical tasks, and concludes with the interpretation and documentation of results for subsequent tasks or presentation to team members and clients. Analysts also contribute toward the development of key deliverable documents and participate in business development activities.
- Examining market trends and conditions through targeted research
- Reviewing and summarizing market reports and client documents
- Conducting data analysis using Excel as well as Python, R, VBA, etc.
- Presenting analytical results to team members and clients
- Collaborating with team members to prepare reports, memorandums, presentations and other client deliverables
- Background in engineering or other quantitative fields
- Strong data analysis skills
- Interest in the energy industry
- Hands-on experience in data analysis using Python, R, VBA and other languages
- Ideal candidates have basic academic knowledge of optimization modeling (constraints and shadow prices), microeconomics (supply and demand) and elementary finance (Net Present Value calculations)
- Work experience in engineering related consulting, systems engineering, or data analytics is desirable