Tabors Caramanis Rudkevich (https:www.tcr-us.com) is an engineering economics consulting group that provides consulting, simulation modelling and litigation support on a range of electric market and natural gas market design, market operation and asset valuation issues at both the federal and state level. TCR provides consulting services to a wide range of clients including generation and transmission companies, Independent System Operators (ISOs), distribution utilities, energy policy makers and regulators, efficiency program administrators, environmental groups and consumer advocates.
Summer analysts at TCR work closely with the consulting team in executing project driven assignments. Typical assignments include market research, data analysis, optimization modeling and report preparation. Summer analysts at TCR are exposed to all aspect of consulting projects and often complete internship projects (e.g. Thayer ENG390) as part of their summer experience. Past summer projects include analysis of natural gas supply in the Northeastern U.S., emission analysis of combined heat and power plants, and optimization modeling of cascading hydro electric power plants.
- Examining market trends and conditions through targeted research
- Reviewing and summarizing market reports and client documents
- Conducting data analysis using Excel as well as Python, R, VBA, etc.
- Presenting analytical results to team members and clients
- Collaborating with team members to prepare reports, memorandums, presentations and other client deliverables
- Background in engineering or other quantitative fields
- Strong data analysis skills
- Interest in the energy industry
- Hands-on experience in data cleaning and analysis using Python, R, VBA and other languages