A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
Investment Fellowship Program
For 80 years, T. Rowe Price has changed the investment management industry by delivering world-class service and guidance to individuals and institutions around the globe. Our shared values enable us to create a dynamic workplace that cultivates high achievement from diverse professionals in a variety of disciplines. Built on a tradition of integrity, we are committed to our clients and employees and focused on sustained growth and success.
T. Rowe Price’s Investment Fellowship Program offers college undergraduate and graduate students within mathematics, engineering, and the sciences a challenging quantitative opportunity to thrive in the financial industry, which is becoming increasingly quantitative and data driven. Under this program fellows will receive training, mentoring and experience in investment tasks (i.e., quantitative research and analysis, trading research and analysis, and quantitative decision and research support). Fellows accepted into this program will have direct “hands-on” involvement within the TRP investment organization.
As a part of the Fellowship Program, you will rotate approximately every 6 months for up to 2 years within the following departments:
- Trading / Portfolio Modeling (Equity and Fixed Income)
- Quantitative Research – Equity, Fixed Income, Multi Asset
- Enterprise Risk
- Distribution Channels
You will leverage your analytical and quantitative skills by working on projects and assignments across various business units. Additionally, you will further develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Portfolio Modeling
- Quantitative Portfolio Analysis / Portfolio Attribution / Portfolio Construction
- Multi Asset Research
- Quantitative analysis / Research and Trading Research
- Transaction Cost Analysis
- Enterprise and Portfolio Risk Analysis
- Competitive Analysis and Market Intelligence
- Predictive Analytics
Potential rotations may include the following:
- Determine the value of a security by examining its numerical, measurable characteristics, such as revenues, earnings, margins, and market share
- Search for exploitable patterns in data that can be used to reinforce or alter portfolio managers’ behavior and avoid unintended consequences
- Evaluate derivatives as risk-adjusted return enhancement strategies for portfolios
- Assess portfolio structure to manage risks of style drift
- Analyze transaction costs and trade execution performance
- Measure and optimize performance of brokers and algorithms and evaluate the effectiveness of our trading strategies
- Assess derivative exposure in portfolios, liquidity analysis on balance sheets, redemption analysis studies, and competitor analysis research
- Analyze exposure to risk and determine how to best handle such exposure
- Divide investments among different kinds of assets, such as stocks, bonds, real estate, and cash, to optimize the risk/reward trade-off based on an individual’s or institution’s specific situation and goals
- Analyze data gathered and used by a company for the purpose of learning about its competition in a given market
- Full time student pursing a bachelor’s degree with and expected graduation date of December 2022 – May/June 2022 with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be majoring in one of the following areas or have at least a min of 24 credit hours in related courses: Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and/or Physics
- Knowledge of investments, portfolios, and stock trading preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Savvy usage of technology and a data driven mindset.
- Ability to process a variety of information and quickly draw relevant conclusions and summarize results
Opportunities are available in Baltimore, MD
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
T. Rowe Price is committed to providing our associates with a comprehensive total rewards benefit program, including wellness, retirement and quality-of-life benefits. Please view What We Offer to see what’s available to you.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.