Position Profile: Project Assistants are in one sense the most critical role within our company. Our Project Assistant role presents a unique entry-level position where we bring new talented folks with varying backgrounds into our organization. Successful project assistants have had degrees in architecture, mechanical engineering, industrial design, electrical engineering, theatrical lighting, hospitality, and even philosophy! From this position new candidates will get immersive exposure to the exciting world of high-end residential construction, working on the finest projects with the most skilled architects, interior designers, and builders as well as the most exclusive homeowners who are building some of the most unique properties in the world. From this position, our new project assistants will also be given exposure to all parts of our company. They will have multiple career growth paths available to them from drafting and design, to lighting fixtures and controls specification, programming, sales, and of course Account Management – the leaders who the Project Assistants primarily support.
System 7 is one of the nation’s largest residential technology design-build firms, with design offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco and our design-build headquarters here in Boston. We are a nationally recognized solutions provider designing and specifying the finest in lighting, shading, and controls into our projects. We are in the process of launching two new showrooms, one in the new promenade at the Boston Design Center and the other in downtown Wellesley.
To be successful, Project Assistants must be passionately curious, tenacious, and have the ability to resolve ill-structured problems independently. They need to be able to manage and stay on top of a plethora of complex details and be able to keep everything in front of them calmly. Excellent judgment, the ability to provide white-glove service, and a cool demeanor are as essential as is the ability to pivot and to stay with problems through to resolution. This position will maintain and adjust installation schedules, verify product specifications and requirements, manage procurement and product delivery timelines, direct billing and project accounting documents, and will be comfortable reading and managing architectural and technical documentation. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are required as is an interest in technology and knowledge of the built environment.
This is a tremendous opportunity for growth in a company that is recognized as a market leader in the growing smart home luxury market. Successful team members take pride in delivering quality, thoughtfully-executed work to luxury market clients in the built environment that operates in an atmosphere that is like a construction site managed by the staff of a 5-star resort.
- Coordinates with the internal design team, technicians, and external stakeholders to ensure that the project is executed according to plan and to professional standards.
- Communicates changes and provides timely project documentation to the team using specified communication protocols;
- Utilizes knowledge of and is willing to gain expertise in premiere technology products, to complete highly technical product installation;
- Able to read and red line AutoCAD and other drawings for technical project detail;
- Interest in working with a team that takes pride in providing our luxury clients with a high level of excellence through all details of a project;
- Contribute to a work culture that prioritizes learning, curiosity about new technologies, and a commitment to design and service;
- Punctual, reliable, and possess a great work ethic the highest level of integrity;
- An aptitude and interest in technology devices and applications;
- Has a driver’s license, safe driving record, can drive long distances, can obtain auto insurance.
- Physical capability to navigate and work in construction, climb ladders, lift a minimum of 55 pounds.