The Manufacturing Process Engineer provides technical engineering support within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing and assembly processes and methods to obtain maximum productivity levels.
- Identify and implement cost reductions.
- Troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment.
- Instruct, assist, guide, and mentor operators.
- Recommend engineering design changes, as needed.
- Develop and maintain process work instructions.
- Data collection to drive continuous process improvement and root cause corrective action.
- Process control and process improvement activities.
Requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelors degree in Manufacturing or Industrial engineering.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes used in the electronics manufacturing industry. Examples include knowledge of SMT placement, reflow soldering, thru-hole soldering, hand assembly, and SMT repair.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple ongoing tasks.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- SMT experience is a plus.
- Previous experience within a hi-tech environment is a plus.