Join Symetra’s Summer 2022 IT Internship Program and be part of our digital transformation journey!
At Symetra, we share a deep commitment in bringing value to underserved communities and people, and helping them take steps toward financial freedom. That’s our way of describing people that are able to be and to do what they value. Our interns work on real, meaningful projects that contribute toward our goal, and are an important part of our Symetra community. As an intern, you will gain practical hands-on experience developing code, solving problems, participating on a scrum team, and working in a virtual corporate office.
If you want to be part of Symetra’s mission and you’re looking to learn, collaborate and make an impact, this is the program for you! Our Summer 2022 IT Internship is a 12-week program. Interns are full-time, paid, and supplied with equipment to work from home.
What our Interns have to say
- “I could not have asked for a better company culture and group of people for my first internship.” – 2021 Intern
- “Overall, the program was run extremely well, especially for it being done virtually. I would highly recommend this program to people looking for an IT internship.” – 2021 Intern
- “My experience with the Symetra Internship program was amazing! Not only did I have tons of opportunity for my own learning and growth, but I felt fully supported and encouraged along the way.” – 2021 Intern
We have many positions that range from solutions architecture, software development and engineering, testing, and security.
- Work in DevOps environment building delivery pipelines, and retrieve data from Operational Data Store or Data Lake.
- Create and execute test cases for new products, features, and data integrations.
- Build user interface automation suites.
- Participate in solution design support in tandem with our solution Architects and support the AWS infrastructure.
- Write code for cloud-based applications or on-prem solutions.
This role is for you if…
- Majoring in computer science, management information systems, risk and security, or a similar technology degree or certificate.
- Willingness to learn, great attitude, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate with others.
What we offer you
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better—both at work and at home
- Fully remote internship. We ship you the equipment you need to enjoy work from the comfort of home
- Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources crafted to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan
- Paid time away accrual
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we embrace and celebrate diverse experiences, identities and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and creates a stronger, more innovative company. Learn more here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we’re guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they’re getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what’s right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
For more information about our careers visit www.symetra.com/careers.