Engineering Analyst Intern position for Spring Semester 2021
Supports SIG’s Technical Service Department on LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) and non- LEED projects. Must have strong problem solving and mechanical engineering skills.
What You’ll Do
· Assist with Commissioning testing, explore new and existing mechanical equipment
· Support LEED projects and online applications (Energy Audits, Ventilation, and more)
· Develop technical skills related to energy audits and indoor environmental quality
· Assist with Energy Star walk-throughs
· Assist in preparing Energy Models for LEED and related projects
· Occasional site visits to active projects including travel to other cities (with another SIG employee)
What We’re Looking For
· Someone who is in pursuit of an accredited degree from a 4-year college or university in Mechanical Engineering or related area of study preferred.
· Someone who has a passion for green buildings and sustainability; independently driven to learn new systems and skills to improve the built environment.
· Someone who has some familiarity with LEED rating systems.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, self-guided with the ability to deliver results in a timely fashion.
· Excellent communications skills; both oral and written.
· Someone who is interested in obtaining a LEED accreditation through our training department.
· Reliable transportation to and from the Atlanta office in addition to occasional site visits to various projects.
· Someone who as working knowledge of MS Office and preferably AutoCAD.
Sustainable Investment Group (SIG) is a full-service green building consulting firm that provides proven LEED and related technical services (i.e. Energy Star Benchmarking, Energy Audits, Commissioning/Retro-Commissioning). Our clients and projects are throughout the United States. Every team member has earned their LEED accredited professional credentials and our team has a tremendous amount of LEED project experience (new and existing buildings) as well as green retrofits as part of corporate sustainability goals. Our collective team brings design, construction, real estate, and LEED project management experience to each project.
SIG is a successful & growing company that earns repeat business through great work, honesty, and credibility. As part of our team, we encourage forward-thinking teamwork while delivering results. Part of our company provides industry-leading training, and we help transform the green building movement through a combination of recognized consulting and LEED training. We have worked on over 500 LEED and 3000 Energy Star projects totaling over 1 billion sq ft. SIG is based in Atlanta, GA and has offices in Boulder, CO / Minneapolis, MN / and New York, NY.
About Our Culture
At SIG, our success is derived from our team’s commitment to supporting happiness and excellence, promoting sustainability through education and community involvement, creating win-win opportunities, and developing enduring ties while bringing enthusiasm to everyone we know. Our purpose is to lower the impact of human operations on Earth. These core values shape our culture and guide our decisions. Our dynamic culture truly sets SIG apart. We have been listed as one of the Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle for the last three years!
Here’s Our Amazing Offer
· Competitive $15/hr
· 100% Tele-Working Environment with Co-Working office space availability in Atlanta catering to a Flexible Schedule.
· LEED GA Exam registration and study materials costs covered by SIG.