SupplyHouse.com, a rapidly growing e-commerce plumbing and HVAC supply company, is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our team. If you love identifying usability opportunities from the root and turning raw ideas into immersive, intuitive online experiences, we would like to hear from you!
This is a fully remote-based role from select states within the U.S. However, our offices are always available for staff to use as much as desired. At this time, we are only able to employ those located in the following states: New York, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and Washington.
A company laptop and other necessary equipment will be provided along with a $250 stipend for your work from home space.
Role Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote (New York, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and Washington)
- Optimize and improve user experience through design and usability best practices
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the site functions and looks
- Perform user research and testing to validate design recommendations
- Illustrate design ideas using wireframes, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, widgets, navigation buttons and search fields
- Prepare and present rough drafts and final designs to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems/friction points and bring new ideas to enhance user experience
- Adhere to brand style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Consider the differences between the web and app including all the different sizes of devices with the key break points
- Collaborate with Design Team on all design related projects with feedback and insights
- Proven 3-5 years of professional work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, or another related field
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g., Wireframe.cc and In Vision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Figma
- Strong portfolio of design projects (e-commerce experience a plus)
What’s important to us:
- GRIT – We are looking for someone who embodies our core values (Generosity, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, and Grit)
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Being a detail-oriented and customer-centered problem solver
- We have awesome benefits – 401k with company match, 100% company-paid medical insurance options, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and sick days. Our office is also equipped with an on-site gym, nap room, and meditation room.
- We offer flexible work scheduling – Many roles at SupplyHouse are remote-based, and we provide some flexibility with work hours depending on the needs of your role and team.
- We give back – We provide many opportunities to help our local communities, with both structured and informal ways to get involved.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously – We have a casual dress code, a pet-friendly office, and demonstrate respect to our colleagues, partners, and customers.
- We have fun – We have a pool table, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. We have monthly team building events. And we’re constantly icebreaking each other over Zoom. Look out for our movie nights, bowling leagues, and more!
Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company