The State University of New York (SUNY) System Administration, located in Albany, New York, seeks an experienced Instructional Designer (ID) to support the use of technology to enhance learning in the Student Conduct Institute (SCI). This is a professional position providing instructional design consultation, support, and coordination of development and revisions across the SCI catalog.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level, focused academic instructional design consulting, guidance and support to developers using adult learning principles, active and authentic learning, social constructivist models, and collaborative learning.
- Collaborate with content experts, educational technologists, graphics specialists, multimedia developers, and other instructional designers for the consistent delivery of exemplary courses.
- Participate in the research and application of emerging technologies and emergent curricular models for online teaching and learning and consult with the ID team manager on processes and best practices.
- Assist with the module upload process into the SCI’s Learning Management System and assist users with troubleshooting technical concerns related to the module catalog.
- Assist with managing the annual turnover of the SCI Learning Management System and module catalog.
- Assist with the facilitation of the Student Conduct Institute’s social media content and development of course images for the Learning Platform Landing Page.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of one-year experience in instructional design
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Experience working in team-based environments
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience with Course/Learning Management Systems
- Knowledge of instructional design software, preferably Articulate 360 suite
- Understanding of ADA compliance and accessibility issues
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field
- Two or more years working in the development of online courses
- Expertise in a variety of media
- Experience providing instructional design support in a large scale, high volume distributed environment
- Expertise and knowledge of best design practices for the development of online learning environments
- Experience working with higher education professionals and/or attorney’s
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent fringe benefits.
State Title: Instructional Support Technician (SL3).
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. The Search Committee will begin the review of applications immediately and continue until the positions are filled.