We’re redefining what’s possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy is reimagining K-12 public education. Nationally recognized for our innovative, whole-child school model and outstanding academic results, Success Academy educators are empowering children from all backgrounds with the knowledge, skills, and self-belief to succeed in college and in life. We now need a results-driven Specialist to join our Computer Science & Engineering Team within the Education Institute.
Reporting to the Lead of CS & Engineering, the Specialist will engage in designing and writing a brand-new, cutting edge, and rigorous computer science and/or engineering curriculum.
Key responsibilities include:
- To plan and write rigorous and relevant computer science and/or engineering curriculum in our middle and high schools.
- To create all necessary lesson materials, projects, and curricula for units of the course that are aligned to both the internal vision for CS & Engineering at Success Academy and the academic state of the field.
A successful candidate will have the following skills, characteristics, and qualifications:
- Demonstrated expertise in either Computer Science or Engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in both fields is a major plus.
- Extremely strong writing skills
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to work flexibly and collaboratively
- Talent in logistics and project management
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.