We’re redefining what’s possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven, thoughtful, and creative Specialist, MS & HS English Content Design to join our school community.
Reporting to the Program Lead for MS & HS English, the Specialist, MS & HS English Content Design will be a results-driven educator looking to use their rigorous academic knowledge and strong project management skills to design, write, and revise new and existing courses aligned to our pedagogical values and English program vision. Central to this role is taking a new and innovative approach to reimagining English education in a skies-the-limit working and learning environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- To plan and write rigorous and relevant curriculum as part of a multi-year English program centered on rich, critical-thinking based pedagogy touching on all aspects of English language education, including literature, literacy, writing, poetry, creative writing, and critical analysis.
- To create all necessary lesson materials, lesson plans, and curricula for units of the course that are aligned to both the internal vision for English at Success Academy and the academic state of the field.
- To support curriculum content creation for other courses in our 5-12 English program and to complete ad hoc tasks, projects, and initiatives across our Education Institute department.
- To work with school-based faculty and leadership on training and implementing the curriculum.
A successful applicant will have the following skills, characteristics, and values:
- Demonstrated content knowledge expertise in English, Literature, or a related field. Additional experience with Creative Writing, Poetry, Theatre, or a similar sub-field a bonus;
- Experience in education, specifically teacher or curriculum development;
- Extremely strong writing and proofreading skills;
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexibly;
- Passion for education.
- Talent in logistics and project management;
- Strong attention to detail.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter outlining your candidacy. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.