We’re redefining what’s possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy is reimagining K-12 public education. Nationally recognized for our innovative, whole-child school model and outstanding academic results, Success Academy educators are empowering children from all backgrounds with the knowledge, skills, and self-belief to succeed in college and in life. We now need a results-driven, thoughtful, and creative Specialist, Elementary School (ES) Mathematics Content Design to join our Education Institute team.
The Education Institute is our engine for reimagining public education within our schools and far beyond, and brings together a powerful K-12 focus across content and design, implementation, and instructional development.
Reporting to the Lead, ES Mathematics, the Specialist, ES Mathematics Content Design will write new, high quality mathematics curriculum and participate in reimagining our mathematics program as part of our comprehensive elementary school redesign taking place over the next 2+ years. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in taking our successful K-4 program to the next level, having a positive long-term impact on the educational trajectory of thousands of students.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing rigorous and engaging inquiry-based conceptual mathematics curriculum that provides elementary school students with a strong foundation in math and critical thinking and prepares them for a college-ready course trajectory in grades 5-12;
- Writing all necessary unit guides, lesson materials, lesson plans, and assessments aligned to the vision for mathematics at Success Academy;
- Engaging in lesson observation, data analysis, and work study to identify opportunities for improving our mathematics program;
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in other content areas and on our middle and high school teams to facilitate innovation and ensure K-12 alignment;
- Supporting key cross-content Education Institute initiatives.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and education:
- A 4 year college degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Demonstrated mathematics content expertise through relevant coursework or related experience;
- Extremely strong writing ability. Writing samples may be requested.
A successful applicant will have the following traits:
Required Traits, Values and Skills
- Passion for math education and a firm belief in the impact of rigorous and well-designed math content on the long-term trajectory of elementary students;
- Close attention to detail with strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills; able to communicate clearly in writing and produce high quality work for a large and diverse audience;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research that leads to insightful analysis and actionable next steps;
- Ability to manage logistics in project management;
- Strong work-ethic, takes initiative and is willing to work flexibly;
- Thinks clearly and creatively in tackling complex problems;
- Highly self-aware and motivated by the desire to learn and grow.
Preferred Qualifications & Traits
- A degree in mathematics or a closely-related major STEM field, or related experience and/or coursework in math or math education.
- Prior experience with an elementary-age audience may be an asset, but is not required.
- Proficiency in the G Suite (i.e. Google Drive, Gmail)
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.