Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About the Indiana Department of Revenue:
The Indiana Department of Revenue Customer Service Department is responsible for providing service and support to Indiana Tax paying customers. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a team that has been named as an IndyStar Top WORK Places three straight years – 2019, 2020 & 2021, and where we learn, have fun, and are committed to providing Best in Class Customer Service.
Salary for this position typically starts at $16.00/hour.
A Day in the Life:
- Enjoys learning about a variety of the Department of Revenue Tax procedures including tax filing and payment requirements
- Provides Best in Class Customer Service to Tax paying customers by phone in a fast-paced call center environment
- Applies knowledge acquired in training and utilizes resources to analyze and problem solve
- Responds to a variety of Tax type inquiries
- Accesses data utilizing basic computer skills
- Communicates professionally using correct grammar, spelling & punctuation
- Complies with all ethical and confidentiality requirements
What You’ll Need for Success:
- High-energy – Optimism – Teamwork –Collaboration
- Someone who provides open, honest, and positive communication
- A Continuous learning and improvement – let’s get better every day … together approach
- A team member who speaks up if you don’t understand or need more information
- Ability to provide non-technical and technical customer service in person, in writing or by telephone
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Apply and understand ethics and confidentiality laws
- Discuss and settle tax matters in a tactful and responsive manner with taxpayers
- Analyze and problem solve using various resources
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct reports.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
- Free Parking
- Free LinkedIn Learning
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.