We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Are you excited and motivated by the messy world of problem solving? Do you naturally apply your creativity and designer’s eye to understand problems? If so, this internship will enable you to shape and influence potentially transformative and disruptive concepts through the application of visual and human centered design practices. Take this opportunity to showcase your design and problem solving skills in a collaborative environment.
What You Can Expect:
- Our internship will take place May 23 – August 5, 2022
- Selected interns will work approx. 38.75 hours/week
- Internship Location: selected interns will be assigned to our Tempe, Arizona office
- Hybrid work environment: selected interns will be expected to occassionally spend time working from the office with the majority of time spent working from home
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive pay and a relaxed dress code
- Direct experience you can leverage for your future career
- An opportunity to learn and network with industry-leading influencers
- A Learning Environment: Mentoring and Development to help you succeed
- We love to give back! Being involved in volunteer opportunities to give back to the community
- A culture that embraces Diversity and Inclusion – it is simply the right thing to do!
- Active Students: In order to participate in this internship, the selected candidate must still be actively enrolled in college during the time of the internship–Summer 2022.
- Skills/Knowledge: Graphic Design, Fine Arts (Digital Media Focus), User Experience/User Interface, Digital Content Creation, Digital Marketing, Visual Communication
- Ability to listen and translate concepts into visual designs and interaction patterns and communicate to others
- Fluency in digital design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Abstract etc.
- Working knowledge of experience design concepts such as: wireframes, customer journeys, and prototyping within various degrees of fidelity
- Applying design principles to enhance communication and to bring clarity to abstract concepts
- Entrepreneurial boldness and passion for success
- Flexible and energized by collaborating both virtually and in person
*Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.*