JOB TITLE: Communications Associate
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
OBJECTIVE: St. Mary’s Center for Women and Children is seeking a Communications Associate to play a key role in a busy, fast-paced development office. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Communications Associate is responsible for compellingly communicating SMC’s mission and case for support to external stakeholders. The Communications Associate will take the lead on generating and disseminating messages to diverse audiences via both traditional and social media channels.
(These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and may be adjusted as necessary.)
Key Communications Responsibilities
- Work with the CDO to position SMC as a leader in the field, and the President as a thought leader. This may include drafting white papers and public comments.
- Work with CDO and Development Committee to develop Case for Support that demonstrates SMC’s track record of success (programmatic and fundraising), differentiates SMC from other organizations, demonstrates the urgent need for support, and highlights the impact of a gift.
- Manage branding and messaging to reflect continuity as well as image
- Design collateral material including but not limited to:
- Program brochures
- Marketing materials
- Event suites
- Letter templates,
- Briefing materials
- Annual report,
- Web content,
- Social media messaging Meet regularly with Program staff to inform communications content.
- Develop, manage and distribute to staff and Board members the annual marketing/communications plan and calendar.
- Work directly with print vendors.
- Disseminate collaterals and online communications via multiple channels.
- Generate and disseminate quarterly eNewsletter and periodic eBlasts.
- Support CDO and Board’s efforts to present about SMC throughout region.
- Regularly post to social media and track online engagement.
- Pursue public relations and media exposure opportunities and manage messaging and external relationships.
- Work with team members to successfully execute events both virtually and in person
- Bachelors Degree in Communications or related field.
- At least 4 years of design experience
- At least two years’ experience in nonprofit communications.
- WordPress experience recommended
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision ability is required.
- Job is regularly performed sitting at a desk for extended periods.
- The employee is frequently required to talk and to hear.
- Job occasionally requires typing, standing, walking, using hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Job may require travel to various sites. Reliable vehicle required.