SRI International is looking for a Digital IC Design Engineer within the Microcircuit Emulation Center to support the microcircuit obsolescence program and compatible business areas – microcircuits (integrated circuits) manufacturing. This role may work remotely in the Princeton, NJ area due to the pandemic.
You will be presented with challenges in the area of IC Digital Design and will be required to work closely with the SRI Princeton foundry in the development of Digital capabilities to provide form, fit and function emulation (not duplication) of obsolete microcircuits for the U.S. Government.
The IC Digital Designer will:
- Review product requirements and schematics
- Work with test engineers to evaluate the original microcircuit and develop test procedures
- Design and simulation of the emulated microcircuit to ensure all specifications are met
- Contribute to device layout, mask design, device evaluation and characterization
- Work with wafer fabrication and process integration engineers to develop suitable base-wafer processes and device arrays
- Bachelors with 8 years; MS or PhD, with 5+ years designing digital circuits
- Experience designing digital circuit blocks for ASICs
- Demonstrated experience with ASIC design tools for schematic capture, simulation & verification
- Knowledge of HDL (Verilog or VHDL) design & synthesis
- Knowledge of physical design and verification: Layout, Place & Route, DRC, LVS, etc..
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python or TCL
- Due to Government requirements candidates must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Desired/Nice to have:
- Experience or knowledge of ECL and/or Schottky Bipolar design
- Basic analog design knowledge: Amplifiers, Comparators, Regulators
- Demonstrated analytical and systematic teamwork approach to troubleshooting
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
At SRI, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all SRI Employees must be fully vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or future employment with SRI. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.