Flight begins at Spirit AeroSystems, where our products are taking off somewhere around the world every minute of every day. We design and build large structural parts for the world’s premier commercial aircraft (think Boeing and Airbus), as well as top Defense and other cutting edge programs.
Spirit AeroSystems is a global company with a diverse work force spread across three continents. Our headquarters is in Wichita, Kansas. There is opportunity for you to be part of an innovative team in the growth industry of aerospace.
Location of Internship: Tulsa, OK
Flight begins with you at Spirit AeroSystems, a place where you can explore your interests and grow your career by working on impactful projects.
As a Manufacturing Engineering intern, you can expect to:
- Gain real-world practical and leadership skills through challenging hands-on opportunities.
- Connect with subject matter experts, mentors, and decision makers.
- Be a part of an intern cohort that enjoys organized social, recreational, and volunteer activities.
- Learn the fabrication/assembling details of parts per engineering configuration.
- Work with machining, composite, sheet metal and rapid response planning.
- Configuration control of specific customer requirements and control the operations and parts that apply to a customer unit.
· You must be enrolled full time in a university degree program aligned to the area of internship.
· You must be a current sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student in good academic standing.
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.