PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 17747
Agency: South Dakota Retirement System
Salary: $57,000 – $67,000 annually
Pay Grade: GZ
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the South Dakota Retirement System.
For more information on the South Dakota Retirement System, please visit http://www.sdrs.sd.gov/.
The Data Analyst position provides oversight of the pension administration system of the South Dakota Retirement System (SDRS) in conjunction with the Bureau of Information and Technology (BIT) as effectively as possible while also safeguarding SDRS’ security and confidentiality standards. The Data Analyst’s role is to design data modeling/analysis services used to mine enterprise systems and applications for knowledge and information that enhance the processes of SDRS.
Primary responsibilities include creating policies for effective data management, formulating management processes for quality data collection to ensure adequacy and accuracy of data, and devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects. The Data Analyst will work closely with the senior management team to understand the reporting needs of each department, provide plans to achieve the goals of SDRS, and execute the plans in line with the goals of SDRS and the needs of each department. This role will collaborate with staff to ensure the integrity of data entered and provide clear procedures and user training. The Data Analyst will also be responsible for coordinating all information technology (IT) needs with BIT.
This position is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- a college diploma or university degree in data administration, data management, data science, actuarial science, computer science, computer engineering, statistics, or another related field.
- working experience as a data analyst, data administrator, data manager, data coordinator, or similar position preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- experience working with Microsoft SQL Server;
- well developed T-SQL query skills;
- experience with Business Intelligence toolsenvironments (Possibly Predictive Analytics);
- experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Power BI experience building Dashboards, Power reports and Paginated Reports;
- understand Data Modeling Concepts;
- additional experience in Azure BI (SSAS and ADF) and Power BI Report and Dashboard administration and deployment in the cloud would be beneficial.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, attach your resume.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”