PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 17426
Agency: Department of Health – Division of Finance
Salary: $26.01 – $27.54 per hour, depending on experience
Pay Grade: GJ
Closing Date: 10/20/2021
The South Dakota Department of Health’s programs and services help prevent illness and injury, promote healthy places to live, work and play; provide education to help people make good health decisions; prepare for, respond to, and prevent public health threats; and support efforts to enhance quality and accessibility of healthcare. Our services touch the lives of every person in the state of South Dakota.
We recognize that employees are our most valuable resource and we are committed to promoting a culture of excellence in DOH. We trust our employees to be innovative, challenge existing processes, and make the best decisions. We are interested in employing a diverse and skilled workforce that exhibits the values of leadership, accountability, communication, integrity, and teamwork. Public health is a diverse and growing field that offers many career options for people from a variety of educational backgrounds. Imagine yourself as part of a winning team that is making the lives of South Dakotans healthier and safer.
Please visit our website at http://doh.sd.gov/ for further information about the Department of Health.
The South Dakota Department of Health helps every South Dakotan be healthy and strong. We do this through providing core public health services in every county in the state. Consider joining our team of highly dedicated professionals if these guiding principles speak to you:
- serve with integrity and respect;
- focus on evidence-based prevention and outcomes;
- support data-driven innovation;
- achieve health equity in all communities;
- demonstrate proactive leadership and strengthen partnerships;
- exhibit transparency and accountability.
Our staff are the foundation of our Department. As a member of the Department’s Division of Finance, the business manager will assist programs to provide cost effective and accountable services and be part of a team with a family-friendly employer.
This position reports to the Department’s Director of Finance and
- coordinates the annual budget,
- monitors the reconciliation of the state’s accounting system,
- reviews and approves expenditures,
- maintains personnel management functions and procedures,
- records management,
- prepares several financial reports including FTE analysis, monthly expenditure analysis, indirect cost allocation, procurement payments, federal grant master sheet, payroll expenditure corrections, and other financial reports that are used in budget development;
- other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Bachelors degree with coursework in business, accounting, or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- principles and practices of administration with an emphasis in organizational, financial management, and budgetary control;
- ability to communicate information clearly and concisely;;
- organizational skills to plan ahead and work effectively and efficiently in order to achieve a desired outcome;
- ability to work within a group to achieve a common goal;
- office management;
- purchasing policies and procedures;
- interpret rules and regulations;
- follow established procedures;
- meet reporting requirements;
- make timely and accurate decisions;
- software applications: Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel, South Dakota budget system, and the State’s accounting system.
Additional Requirements: Please attach a resume with your application.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: email@example.com
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”