NOTE: This is for a 2021 start date.
Please do not apply if you have not graduated and do not have at least 1 year of work experience – including social media experience.
The position is hybrid with some in person days in NYC required.
· Using financial knowledge, write and edit content for email marketing campaigns, press releases and web / social media posts
· Develop and maintain an optimal social media posting calendar, considering web traffic and engagement metrics for social channels
· Prepare monthly activity reports and weekly status reports for circulation to team members
· Help manage marketing team deliverables, assets and timelines to ensure plans are executed
· Maintain team/client files, including digital content, mailing lists, agendas, employee biographies and firm statistics
· accurately and on time
· Daily media and social media monitoring and analysis
· Assist with email campaign set-up, distribution and reporting
· Post website and intranet updates
· Coordinate and manage podcast / webinar development
· Event logistic support as needed including vendor management, set-up, attendance tracking
· Execute small scale advertising buys through social platforms and paid search (SEO, SEM)
· Assist with media relations, including pitching reporters, responding to media inquiries and requests for information
· Show initiative by proactively recommending improvements, even when not directly asked
Qualifications & Skills
· Expert Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint and Excel
· Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
· Outstanding writer and editor with financial understanding and interest in financial markets
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Tech-savvy, self-starter and quick learner
· Expertise in communicating complicated topics in clear, concise terms
· Experience editing for clarity, grammar, spelling, consistency and accuracy
· Self-motivated storyteller and researcher
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision while meeting tight deadlines
· Able to work independently and effectively in a hybrid in-person / remote working environment
· Video / podcast production skills a plus
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required.
Preference for Communications, Economics, English, Journalism or Marketing degree
· 3+ years’ experience in digital marketing with financial writing experience either for a media outlet or financial services firm preferred