We are looking for an individual who cannot stop thinking about graphic design – staying on top of the latest digital and print techniques and graphic design technology. The ideal candidate is a creative storyteller, collaborative team member, and a design-first thinking culture contributor.
The Graphic Design Intern is responsible for helping Softdocs’ visual identity. As a guardian of Softdocs’ visual identity, you will help us evolve and develop our voice as an enterprise content management platform that serves K – 12 and Higher Education clients.
You will expand your graphic design skills by building out assets, both digital and physical, to support our branding and learn how our team drives the visual identity forward with progressive ideas, techniques, and graphic design leading practices.
The Graphic Design Intern will report to the Account Development Manager, Emma Mercer, and work cross-functionally between the Marketing and Sales teams.
What We Look For
- Passion – We look for individuals who are passionate about graphic design and revolutionizing the education sector.
- Resourcefulness – Our culture offers a lot of autonomy. We admire individuals who take ownership of initiatives and drive them to successful outcomes – without a lot of oversight.
- Team Minded – Do right by people. It is about what is best, not who is right. Teach what you know.
- Help design and improve website pages
- Assist digital branding across various channels
- Work closely with the marketing team to design marketing like e-books, whitepapers, emails, and programmatic ads
- Identify design blockers and suggest solutions to work processes and systems
- Required – Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic work environment
- Collaborates effectively with team members from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Problem Solver – generates multiple alternatives, feasible ways to solve a problem, including ones that are not obvious
- Time management and takes ownership of assignments
- Have a solid understanding of design principles and best practices across digital and print
- Emotional Intelligence
Bonus If You
- Understand how to set up files correctly and efficiently for web, print, and digital
- Experience working proficiently across multiple mediums — digital, print, etc.
- Understand social media channels and content formats
- Graphically communicate an idea quickly and effectively
- Strong knowledge of website platforms (WordPress)
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or recent graduate (2019 and onward)
- BA in Graphic Design (or related field) or 1+ year of Graphic Design related experience
- Resume or Cover Letter
- Portfolio Link or PDF Attachment
- Your portfolio should show that you can take an initial brand design and extend it across a variety of applications – including print and digital/web.
- A strong portfolio of illustrations, designs and graphics
- Your portfolio must be strong in identity and branding
What We Offer
$15 / hour + Remote Flexible + Awesome Company Swag (and you can help us design more!)