Director, Strategy and Program Management, Info Technology Workforce Development
Social Venture Partners Connecticut, a social impact organization that offers management consulting and capacity building services to nonprofit organizations, businesses, educational institutions, and state and local government entities, is looking to hire a Director of Strategy and Program Management for our workforce development initiatives and projects in the IT sector.
This position will be responsible for providing management support for SVP’s projects and engagements with the state’s technology and business services workforce initiatives, including
- developing job training programs aimed at addressing the current hiring needs in the technology and business services sector
- partnering with technology and business services providers, school districts, and colleges to develop technology and business services career pathway programs for high school and college students
- coordinating and convening technology and business services leaders across the state to address workforce needs across the technology and business services sector.
This position will report directly to SVP’s Executive Director.
- Support Social Venture Partners on strategic initiatives in workforce development including working with the State of Connecticut, nonprofits, technology and business services providers, and educational institutions.
- Support the development of job training programs for the information technology and business services sectors
- Develop career pathways programs in high schools and colleges in the technology and business services sector.
- Coordinate and project manage a technology and business services workforce development working group that consists of businesses, educators, government officials, and non-profit partners. This group will focus on strategic initiatives aimed at immediately getting people back to work in the technology and business services space, as well as developing processes to remove current bottlenecks to developing a technology and business services workforce in the state.
- Convene technology and business services leaders across the state to review progress on initiatives and solicit strategic input on technology and business services workforce objectives.
- Partner with institutions across the state to assess technology and business services supply and demand data and assess focus areas for job training initiatives.
- Coordinate and partner with stakeholders to apply for federal or state workforce grants in the technology and business services industry.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with demonstrated experience managing end-to-end projects
- Prior management or strategy consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to help strategize and prioritize technology and business services initiatives and develop comprehensive system wide state plan. Expert ability in managing ambiguity and developing clear and concise action plans
- Strong communication skills-both verbal and written. Comfort with public speaking. Ability to translate information into clear outputs for key stakeholders. Strong ability in convening, communicating with, and managing C-Suite executives. Ability to create reports.
- Project measurement and evaluation skills
- Mastery of core Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior experience working in the technology or business services sector or for technology or business services clients is preferred
- Self-starter who is pro-active and demonstrates high levels of motivation, organization and accountability and works both independently, and as a team member.
- Committed to the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Work Location and Requirements
This job will be mostly remote, but will require attending some meetings in Connecticut. All employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID.
$80,000-110,000 per annum
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, and life insurance benefits.
About Social Venture Partners Connecticut
Social Venture Partners Connecticut (SVP), a social impact philanthropy organization that offers management consulting and capacity building services to non-profit organizations, businesses, educational institutions, and state and local government entities, fosters collaborative solutions to critical social challenges.
Since its founding in 2013, SVP has collectively invested over $3 million in financial and human capital in more than 30 nonprofits. Our consulting work is helping to scale and support many leading nonprofit organizations in education and workforce development across Connecticut. As social change makers, we envision a future where all people in our state have the opportunity for high quality educations and economic livelihoods with family sustainable earnings.
All application submissions must be through our online portal at https://social-venture-partners-connecticut-1.workable.com/backend/jobs/1966555/browser/applied