About us: Based in Providence, Rhode Island, Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) helps grow businesses that change lives, harnessing the creative energy of its entrepreneurs to cultivate high-impact, purpose-driven, and financially sustainable businesses. SEG also fosters an ecosystem of diverse stakeholders who work to enable a more just, equitable, and resilient economy.
About AmeriCorps VISTA:
SEG’s AmeriCorps VISTA Fellowship is a full-time, post-graduate service and fellowship opportunity hosted through the Swearer Center at Brown University.
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, this VISTA will support the development and execution of SEG’s business support programs, including SEG’s new Ideate program and new programming sites at local universities. This position will help strengthen our entrepreneurship programs by ensuring they are culturally appropriate and relevant for the communities we seek to serve, and will also work with participating entrepreneurs to assess their needs and match them to appropriate SEG advisors and resources. Overall, this role will support small business development for those from historically excluded populations and further poverty alleviation through social enterprise.
This position will be accountable for the following goals:
- Support Program Managers in planning and execution of SEG entrepreneurship programs, including the new Ideator program and other new initiatives
- Develop familiarity with SEG’s volunteer network and support their deployment by matching them with entrepreneurs. Monitor and evaluate the working relationship of both parties, making changes based on program feedback
- Improve resources on volunteer management and deployment for future use with staff
- Building relationships, awareness and partnerships with relevant community organizations and underserved neighborhoods
- Adapting SEG’s programs and services to the opportunities and needs of underserved communities based on community outreach
- Supporting all components of launch of new programming in Providence including recruitment, volunteer management, and program delivery
- Building pipeline of new participants and program volunteers
- Incorporating principles of equity and inclusion in all efforts
Eligible candidates for the position are:
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
- A high school graduate (diploma or GED)
- Experience working with a nonprofit
- Strong computer skills — familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM’s a plus
- Responsible and reliable
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Spanish fluency preferred but not required