Position: Geotechnical Design Staff Professional
Requisition Number: 2021-2720-04
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Geotechnical Staff Professional Engineer to join our Civil Design team in Columbus, Ohio. Candidate must be able to and have a desire to obtain a Professional Engineer’s (PE) license once meeting eligibility requirements.
The successful candidate will work in our Civil Design group providing geotechnical analysis and design support. This highly collaborative group is composed of a range of professionals including civil, water resource, and geotechnical engineers, geologists and designers. The civil design group undertakes a wide range of projects with a particular focus on the evaluation and design of dams, landfills, reservoirs, storm water management, abandoned mine land reclamation, slope repairs and erosion and sediment control. Position responsibilities include coordination of field explorations, field logging of soil and rock samples, performing engineering calculations/design, and preparation of basic proposals and reports. Position will also include preparation of design plans and specifications using AutoCAD. Position will work under supervision of a Licensed Engineer. Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and possess the ability to work as a team player.
- BS (MS preferred) in Civil or Geotechnical engineering or Geology required;
- Engineering or Geology Intern (E.I.T.) certification preferred;
- 0-3 years of relevant experience;
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn commercial software applications;
- Strong verbal and written and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Overnight out of town travel and the ability to work outside normal business hours required;
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Routine lifting required: 40 to 50 lbs.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company’s Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor