Sesto Labs/Smarttwigs is a new and rapidly growing tech consulting company. At Smarttwigs, we connect with customers, partners, and contributors to deliver trusted and high-performing technical solutions across various industries. We offer software development, business development, and other critical technologies, together with global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
The Business Operations (BizOps) team is looking for a skilled Technical HR Management Intern to join our team. The BizOps team is responsible for creating and maintaining the mission critical infrastructure and tools used to deliver Smarttwigs managed services to customers. In this role, you will have a chance to gain real-world experience with the latest processes, procedures, and techniques to manage the HR operations of globally distributed tech team. It is an exciting opportunity to expand your skills to help create the next generation of managed services for Smarttwigs, while gaining in-depth knowledge about Smarttwigs’ business and open source culture.
As an HR intern, you’ll assist with the daily HR activities for Smarttwigs by working closely with executives across all teams. You’ll be responsible for helping recruit, codify, and set up HR best practices. While your primary focus is the Smarttwigs BizOps team, you’ll work with other interns from other teams, enabling them to deliver connect with the HR process
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Finding capacity gaps across teams
- Tailored recruiting for each team
- Managing timesheets
- Managing employee records
- Optimizing employee experience
- Adding to HR Manual
- Collecting key employee metrics in a Tech setting
- Strategizing on ways to boost morale
- Virtual event planning for team
- Ability and desire to embrace complex technical ecosystems quickly
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with basic computer skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- If this is a work study program, we will work with your university to get you credits for the class.
- Great freebies throughout the internship.
Smarttwigs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Smarttwigs does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Smarttwigs and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.