As one of the top Skyworks design centers, Skyworks Cedar Rapids design center has leading R&D and product development capabilities.
This job opening is specifically geared toward a new graduate that is interested in starting a career in the semiconductor industry!
When you join our team in Cedar Rapids, you’ll join a uniquely collaborative, multi-discipline engineering community who support each other working across our domestic design centers creating cutting edge products for global markets. You’ll be paired with an experienced mentor to help support you as an integral part of a team responsible for designing multi-chip module.
The successful candidate will be part of a multi-discipline team developing PA, RF switches, LNA, front-end modules for the high volume and fast paced cellular handset market. Candidates will have opportunities to participate in all phases of product development, including product definition, architecture, system budget, transistor-level circuit design, MCM design, layout/layout supervision, lab debug and production support.
Our culture is designed to promote fast decision making, uninhibited sharing of best practices, and a sense of individual ownership, so we can create unparalleled products and respond quickly to customer needs. These values lead to business agility and customer centricity – essential ingredients for success.
Working and living in Cedar Rapids provides a commute-free lifestyle in a vibrant city consistently ranked as one of the country’s most affordable cities. Learn more about the fantastic Cedar Rapids lifestyle when you talk with our team!
· BSEE or MSEE with 1-2 Years Experience.
· Strong understanding in RF microwave fundamentals such as impedance matching, passive RLC and resonant circuits, noise, linearity, circuit stability and Electromagnetic theory
· Solid understanding in module building blocks, including Power Amplifiers, Low Noise Amplifiers, RF Switches and Couplers, Filters and Multi-chip Module.
· Relevant experience in micro-strip/strip line stack up/laminate/multi-chip module (MCM),
· Strong circuit simulation skills utilizing Agilent ADS/, 2.5/3D EM tools such as Momentum/EMX/Sonnet, HFSS/CST and Cadence and ability to translate between the model, simulation, physical implementation, and measured performance.
· Strong lab skills in data collection/analysis, lab debug/tuning and product troubleshooting.
· A self-starter and team player with strong desire to learn on the job. Strong desire and commitment to take product from concept to volume production.
· Good communication skills both verbal and written and logic reasoning skills, capable of breaking down complex problems, setting priorities, report progress and execute to schedule
· Good understanding of RF systems and familiarity with wireless standards including 3GPP cellular 2/3/4/5G/LTE, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth
· Solid understanding of device and process technologies
· Experience in system architecture, circuit topology and MCM floorplan
· Experience in FEM product development and customer interaction[TW12]
· Good understanding on acoustic filter such as SAW, BAW filters.
· Experience in co-sim of multiple technologies such as digital, analog and RF circuit.
· Familiar with lab instruments including Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, RF Probe Stations, Noise Figure Analyzers and Load-pull Tuners