If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 65913
The Design & Validation Intern should have knowledge of semiconductors, analog circuits and RF design fundamentals. The candidate should understand basic IC building blocks like LNA, mixer, switch, bias, bandgap, LDO, op-amp etc. Understanding of design parameters like gain, noise, non-linearity, s-parameters, stability is required. Exposure to a lab testing setup and environment including commonly used test equipment like network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, frequency generator, noise figure meter will be useful to perform the required job.
- Tuning RF front end modules in the lab
- Impedance matching using Smith chart
- Evaluating RF parameters like IP3, P1dB, NF, return loss, etc
- Validating performance across supply, temperature and frequency
- Block-level design and simulation to understand the circuits that are being measured and correlating measurements with simulation
- Creating compliance matrices against spec, plotting results and presenting results summary
- Must be currently enrolled in an MS program studying Electrical Engineering
- Must be returning to school upon completion of this Co-Op (we will not consider students who are graduating before May 2022)
- Ability to commit to the Winter/ Spring Co-Op which runs from January, 2022 to July, 2022
- Knowledge of semiconductors, analog circuits, RF design fundamentals, wireless systems, and introductory electromagnetics.
- Understanding of basic IC building blocks like LNA, mixer, switch, bias, bandgap, LDO, op-amp, etc.
- Understanding of design parameters like gain, noise, non-linearity, S-parameters, stability, etc. is required
- Previous experience with a circuit design tool like ADS/Cadence
- Use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required to perform job duties successfully.
- Position requires good communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.