skyTran is designing our first human-rated, commercial-ready version of our technology. As a Software Simulation Engineer, you will be a key contributor towards one of the most critical aspects of the product: capacity optimization.
The skyTran transit network will scale to span entire cities with thousands of vehicles. Today, we are developing a detailed skyTran software simulation system to simulate vehicle movements (including things like the state, position, motion, power usage and communication latencies) throughout the system. We are looking for a Software Engineer to take a key role in the development of our transit network simulation and route optimization systems.
- Designing, developing and verifying a software simulation of a transit network
- Developing routing and optimization software
- Assisting with the development of simulation design documentation
- Performing simulation system tests to verify functional requirements
- Gathering and analyzing simulation results to report on the system’s technical performance.
- Accredited degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, software engineering or computer science
- 5+ years related experience, or a Masters Degree and 3+ years related experience.
- Experience developing and operating a similar software simulation (examples might include a road or rail network, warehouse robot motion planning, drone swarms – be sure to tell us how your experience relates.)
- Experience creating a simulation testbench from scratch
- Python andor CC++ programming experience
- Experience with Agile SCRUM
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate across multiple disciplines with internal and external Customers
- Knowledge and ability to understand and interpret technical data and requirements
- Experience with discrete event simulation
- Experience with algorithms relevant to routing and optimization
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is proactive and self-motivated
- Has strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Has implemented software simulations or pathfinding / routing algorithms
- Understands and appreciates the high-level objectives of their work
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team – our motto is “One Team, One Ride”. Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.