SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: New York, NY
The Product Design team is seeking a Product Design Intern for Summer 2022. This will be an experience where you develop skillsets and a strategic mindset will be applied to benefit real users. We are interested in pairing you with a mentor (amongst our diverse product design team) to craft an experience with insights that will drive impactful interactions and visuals prioritizing user needs. The aspiration is to provide interns with proficient tools/resources and guide your career forward in the exhilarating worlds of entertainment and music in both audio and video content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on a self-chosen design project across an product lifecycle – discovery, design, development, and iteration. Our users are an important and impactful resource of information within our professional aspirations and lifecycles. Allow our users to lead you on path of enlightenment and validation. Our teams focus on listening to users, and advocating for their needs. It’s important for us to align towards solutions that prioritize for real people and their needs.
- Work with a small multi-disciplinary teams to discover strategies and plan for success. You’ll partner closely with product, research, analytics, and engineering departments to find elegant but practical solutions (user flows and user journeys) to design challenges. You’ll directly contribute ideas to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll work through the ideal lifecycle to attain the right user-based solution(s).
- Design concepts and prototypes; and explore when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and prototypes, and when to produce wireframes and user flows.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- Have at least one project that demonstrates your product design capabilities.
Requirements and General Skills:
- You are constantly looking to refine your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Knowledge of the latest apps and design trends (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and ideas and opinions on how to make many of them even better.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.