Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. We are on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. As a cloud-based company, we are currently operating in a flexible and hybrid work model.
As a SIMON Support Engineer, you will play a critical role in the operation of one of the largest and most sophisticated risk-managed products platforms existing today. We are looking for talented and detail-oriented support engineers who are passionate about technology and client experience. As a part of this role, you will work with both external and internal clients to triage, troubleshoot, and guide the resolution of technical issues that are raised. This is a role for people who are looking for an exciting, dynamic environment interacting with both the world’s leading financial institutions and top tier engineering and sales colleagues. We’re looking to invest in this team and someday there may be leadership opportunities for the right person.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Be the frontline engineering support presence when technical issues arise
- Record and manage issues in Jira for reference of your team and others
- Work with our sales support team to ensure clients are receiving timely help
- Quickly become an expert on the ins and outs of our software platform and our business
- Troubleshoot technical issues to the best of your ability using your engineering skills
- Escalate issues beyond your ability to fix to the proper engineering team and resolve together
- Monitor our dashboards and logs to ensure site health and debug issues
- Give phone support to external clients when needed
What We’re Looking For
- Previous experience of some sort with software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be highly organized and not let anything slip through the cracks or get delayed
- Solid understanding of web technologies, HTTP, and web browser developer tools
- Understanding of basic computer networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Availability to quickly respond to issues from 8am – 6pm ET during market operations
- Ability to investigate technical issues and either resolve or know the right team to redirect to
- Positive, constructive, friendly, and solution-oriented attitude
- Experience with at least one modern programming language
- Previous professional experience in a support focused role
- Knowledge of modern cloud infrastructure services
- Understanding of Windows and common technical issues
- Experience with AWS, Gitlab CI
- Some financial literacy
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district and in the heart of Birmingham, AL, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.