Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. We are on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. As a cloud-based company, we are currently operating in a flexible and hybrid work model.
SIMON is looking for passionate engineers to join a team of Site Reliability Engineers to improve our production system and platform reliability. As an SRE you will work closely with the Application Developers, QA Automation Engineers and the DevOps teams through the software development life cycle to help develop engineering solutions to operational problems. You will focus on optimizing all facets of the SIMON platform, including alerting, monitoring, incident management and reducing work through automation.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Develop and build automated systems across the platform to reduce manual troubleshooting and debugging
- Participate in troubleshooting system issues and conduct a full post-mortem on each production incident
- Set up and manage a robust alerting and monitoring system
- Drive efforts to identify system bottlenecks and improve visibility into optimization and capacity demands
- Drive adoption for resiliency patterns across services
- Lead efforts to adopt reliability principles like SLOs, chaos testing, and alerting on actionable errors only
- Perform root cause analysis on incidents and perform analytics on past incidents to detect patterns in order to predict issues and prevent similar issues in the future
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering discipline
- 10 – 15 years hands-on experience within a SRE team
- Highly experienced in one or more of the software languages like Python, Java, Go, etc.
- Working knowledge of IaC tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Has a systematic approach to troubleshooting components across services running on the AWS platform
- Skilled at AWS technologies like EKS, ECR, Lambda, Kinesis, SM, Route53, AirFlow, API Gateway
- Working knowledge of databases like MongoDB, Postgres, RDS, DynamoDB
- Knowledgeable on CDN, Edge Security providers like Akamai or Cloudflare
- Advanced knowledge of anomaly, alerting and monitoring systems like Splunk Log Observability, Infrastructure Monitoring, APM, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with all Engineers, Project Managers, and Product Managers
- Takes joy in working with a team that is constantly experimenting and iterating quickly to build stable solutions
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.