Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. We are on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. As a cloud-based company, we are currently operating in a flexible and hybrid work model.
As a SIMON Frontend Engineer, you will define and implement the interfaces that power the largest Structured Products platform in existence today and help to expand it to other product classes. We are looking for exceptional engineers who are passionate about building elegant, powerful user interfaces. If you often find yourself thinking about front-end performance optimizations, the intricacies of React, Redux, and Webpack, the best ways to architect front-end application code, or the best experience when trying to visualize large datasets, read on.
How Your Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Implement new features in our product along with your teammates
- Advocate for and build with great software architecture and scalability in mind
- Work with other engineers, designers, and members of our business team to bring products from initial inception to client delivery
- Bring great ideas and practices to the team from your previous experience
What We’re Looking For
- Proficiency with React, ES6+, HTML/CSS
- Comfortable working with backend REST APIs
- General understanding of the entire web development technical stack
- Comfortable with asynchronous data flow and functional programming concepts
- Ability to accurately replicate visual designs in code
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a similar field
- Experience with Redux, Webpack, Redux Saga/Thunk, and building data visualizations
- Experience with Mobile development or React Native
- Full-stack engineering experience
- Some financial literacy (or an eagerness to learn!)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.