Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. We are on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. As a cloud-based company, we are currently operating in a flexible and hybrid work model.
SIMON is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with 5-10 years of experience. In this role, you will utilize strong DevOps principles and advanced cloud capabilities to facilitate SIMON’s strategy of market agility and lean operating principles with a strict focus on quality to meet the ever-growing demands of our clients. We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious DevOps Engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing cutting-edge cloud computing capabilities.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- As a member of the DevOps Engineering team you will be involved in building highly available solutions across the entire SDLC stack with primary focus on an internet facing FinTech site
- Individuals on the team will interact closely with Application Developers and QA Automation Engineering to ensure that the solutions are being implemented to specs
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining tools to support the development environment on MacOS and Linux tool environment with focus on improving developer productivity
- You will also be part of the team responsible for maintaining Site reliability with focus on building highly scalable systems integrating resiliency and high availability at all levels
- Develop software & tooling to secure and automate cloud infrastructure building software delivery capabilities with fully automatic workflows
- Design and operation of a Kubernetes environment for container management and orchestration
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and hands-on troubleshooting/debugging skills
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Software Development in a Linux/Windows environment with expertise in scripting language like Python, Powershell and/or Ruby
- Coding beyond simple scripting with strong opinions on maintainable/reusable code
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Experience with compute provisioning on a Cloud based platform using Terraform and Cloud formation
- Experience in a public cloud offering, migrating or building tools and applications in AWS
- Hands-on experience of Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience building a Microservice based architecture
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies and experience with SDLC tooling such as Git/Maven/Gradle and continuous integration platforms such as Gitlab, Jenkins
- Energetic and self-motivated, able to work within a team environment
- Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and senior management
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to work within a team environment
- AWS certifications
- Experience architecting, implementing and managing a monitoring tool such as Nagios, CloudWatch, Splunk, and ELK in the cloud
- Use of Packer to standardize environment
- Working knowledge of databases such as MongDB, Postgres, DynamoDB
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.