We are Silicon Labs. We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Why this position matters:
As a Design Engineer focusing on digital and DSP design of wireless PHY and MAC layer IPs and systems for low-power System-on-Chip IoT products, you will join a specialized team of IP/SoC engineers driving multiple wireless communications technologies such as Bluetooth Low-Energy, 802.15.4 Zigbee/Thread, 802.11 Wi-Fi and proprietary short-range wireless.
Silicon Labs has a track record of multiple industry firsts and of transforming and disrupting large and diversified markets. Our Design Engineers are at the forefront of that
If you’re looking to make an impact, Silicon Labs is the place for you!
Excited? See what it’s like to be a part of the Silicon Labs Team:
What You’ll Do
- You will take designs through the complete development lifecycle from concept/study to silicon bring-up
- Research and develop new communication DSP algorithms
- Perform architectural studies to determine optimal hardware implementations of PHY and MAC layer designs to meet product requirements
- Develop and review detailed and concise architecture and design specification documents
- RTL logic design of modules using Verilog HDL. Designs may include protocol/MAC accelerators, FIR/CIC filters, signal acquisition, timing recovery, mixers, equalizers, FFTs, demodulators, FEC encoders/decoders and AGC
- Prepare and hold architecture, design and verification reviews with technical staff throughout project lifecycle
- Perform logic synthesis, timing and power analysis to optimize designs
- Pre-silicon verification utilizing a combination of block/chip-level test benches and FPGA emulation
- Validation/bring-up of designs on silicon, providing support to cross-functional teams
Learn more about the IoT solutions you will work on.
Who You Are
You are an innovator, builder, and tinkerer. You have a curious mind and a drive to succeed. You want to work with a global team of technology enthusiasts and design pioneers. Here’s what you need:
- M.S. or Ph. D in Electrical Engineering with 0-3 years of professional experience in digital CMOS IC design with specific focus on DSP and communications.
- Experience using Matlab or other high-level modeling language/tool for designing and evaluating communication systems and algorithms
- Experience in implementing and analyzing fixed-point DSP and numerical processing elements
- Knowledge of RF transceiver functions and impairments
- Understanding of block and chip-level verification and emulation
- Familiar with logic simulators for both RTL and gate-level simulation, design/waveform browsers, and power analysis tools, Verilog RTL design with emphasis on DSP/math-centric designs
Curious for more feedback? Check out our Glassdoor (bit.ly/SilabsGlassdoor)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.