We’re looking for a Product Design Engineering intern to join our 3D Printing Team in Burlington, MA.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a product design engineer intern, you’ll be responsible to work on new luminaire product development using 3D printing technology. You’ll join a global team at Signify that will allow you to grow your design engineering and 3D printing knowledge, learn through challenges and practice communication and collaboration skills.
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you’ll do
- Work in a global and cross functional team with digital tools and methods
- Design 3D printed components and lighting fixtures. Support in new product development, from concept design, prototyping, testing, product documentation to production.
- Manage engineering sample requests from the Marketing and Commercial team, including material and components stock, lead time, sample printing and shipping.
- Work with the cross-function team on ETO and customer Co-Creation projects for the North American market.
- Co-create new Ways of Working (WoW) to improve process efficiency.
- Support product marketing, including product information sheets, product renderings and product launch material.
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or other equivalent technical discipline
- Knowledge of mechanical design, design for assembly and manufacturability, thermal analysis
- Experience with CAD tools, preferably SolidEdge, SolidWorks and Rhino
- Experience with graphic design tools. Eg. InDesign, Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Problem solver, excellent organizational and communication skills with ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship
What you’ll get in return…
This internship/co-op could lead to an at-will full time role.
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people – redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi – internet connectivity through light – and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We’re operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!