We’re looking for a Industrial Designer Intern to join our Design Americas team in Burlington, MA.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Industrial Designer you’ll be responsible for working closely with the Industrial Design Principal and remaining Industrial Design team of Signify Americas in the development of innovative and forward thinking products & platforms, while collaborating with the North America Professional Lighting R&D, Business and Market partners to deliver appropriate, best-in-class products to the market. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate ability to work independently, to be proactive and take initiative, while applying design thinking and planning skills, envisioning product scenarios with a clear understanding of user experience and visual branding language. You will also need to show strong hands-on fluency in industrial design skills (sketching and prototyping, generating CAD, renderings, product graphics, etc.) .
We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
This Internship will run from January to May 2022
This internship could lead to an at-will full-time position within Signify.
What you’ll do
- Discover and generate insights on professional products.
- Generate exploratory design concepts for solutions that you have been briefed on.
- Prepare and submit work for design reviews, demonstrate learning and improving capabilities.
- Generate CAD and other related deliverables using existing working platforms and tools
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Student must be actively enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Industrial Design or relevant major at an accredited university during the length of Internship.
- Energetic with strong interpersonal/communication skills with a desire to learn and challenge yourself.
- Relevant industrial design, internship and co-op experiences
- Strong concept development, product envisioning, communication and presentation skills
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchbook Pro, SolidWorks (preferred) or CAD surfacing package.
What you’ll get in return…
Join the company that has demonstrated, with design, that it can change the way we interact with light (think Hue!) and that will, going forward, define how light impacts our everyday life, be it at home, at work or in the public space. This is a unique opportunity for you to join the North American team of a truly global, international Design community, spanning the planet, with studios in Europe as well as Asia.
We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!