Smart Buildings Sales Internship
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrive is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for an internship where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Does gaining hands-on experience, real-world skills and valuable knowledge while developing yourself professionally sound exciting to you?
Then look to the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services Americas Internship Program!
We are looking for a Smart Buildings Sales Intern. This position will be based at our Boston area Branch located in Canton, MA.
What you will do as a Siemens Smart Infrastructure Sales Intern
- This internship is a 10-week program where you will rotate through various departments at your local branch office, all focusing on smart buildings and sustainable infrastructure.
80% of your time will be spent on sales related activities (learning how to prospect, go-to-market, build B2B relationships, on-the-job training and shadowing, etc.), 10% of your time with be spent with the projects (solutions) department, and 10% of your time will be spent in our service department, focusing on the service related tasks needed to deliver world class service to Siemens customers.
You may get experience rotating through our core business segments, which include HVAC, Fire/Life Safety, Security and Energy/Sustainability Systems.
The goal of this internship program is to develop future talent for the Siemens organization and help you identify where you may be interested in pursuing a career at Siemens post-graduation.
Responsibilities working alongside current Sales Managers and Account Executives to:
- Position Siemens as an industry leader among service providers, leveraging Siemens world-class digital service delivery as a key differentiator.
- Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
- Help prospect for new customers and engage with existing customers on new offerings.
- Visit customer sites with both projects (solutions) and service sales.
- Develop value-based proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources to obtain the sale.
- Attend job take-offs and turnover meetings.
- Actively participate in sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars to stay knowledgeable on current market, business, and product trends.
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
* Education / Majors: Current sophomore or junior undergraduates pursuing a BA/BS from an accredited college or university and majoring in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial/System Engineering, Industrial Distribution, HVAC, Business/Management/Marketing/Sales with strong technical/engineering aptitude (preferred)
* Availability: 40 hours per week from May/June to July/August 2024
* Prior internship or co-op experience (preferred)
* Demonstrated leadership potential
* Strong analytical, writing, presentation and critical-thinking skills
* Industry knowledge and/or interest
* Work Authorization: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship.
Construction Management and Engineering students who are interested in Sales are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to apply.
You’ll benefit from:
The hourly pay range for this position is $22 – $26 per hour, based off of your projected graduation year. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications, and premium geographic location. Additionally, interns for Siemens are eligible to contribute into our 401K program.
Create a better #TomorrowWithUs
We are a global technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to sustainable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value your unique identity and perspective. We are fully committed to providing equitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us. Learn more about our commitment to DEI here.
Protecting the environment, conserving our natural resources, fostering the health and performance of our people as well as safeguarding their working conditions are core to our social and business commitment at Siemens. They are an integral part of our Business Conduct Guidelines and our corporate strategy.