Siemens IT Americas supports all IT-related functional and business activities throughout North and South America as well as global Siemens programs and initiatives. The organization is made up of local, regional, and global units that collaborate as OneIT to deliver innovative, world-class IT solutions to our business. Siemens Corporation, IT Assurance organization is seeking a qualified intern candidate to support its Compliance and Audit related activities in Alpharetta, GA.
The employee responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide support in the analysis of internal audit processes in the Region specifically North America.
- Evaluate the collected and documented controls and processes for duplication, validity and their potential integration in other process areas and/or map them to existing controls.
- In cooperation with IT experts and participating Center of Competences (CoC) identify additional controls process improvements.
- Interface with other department users to confirm the applicability of the processes.
- Research and prepare concept for documenting processes in internal SharePoint site.
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule the activities for process workshops as assigned.
- Present to management, oral and/or written, reports and proposals covering research topics. The job has many opportunities only bounded by your demonstrated abilities.
Other potential duties:
- Work with subject matter experts (SME) to collect business definitions of Internal Processes.
- Gather and consolidate existing process definitions into a set of automated rules
- Investigate processes to explore and expose candidates that need to be integrated with other IT or business processes.
- Publish process documentation in Internal SharePoint site.
- Use SAP to review and analyze data results
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Ability to work effectively with multinational and diverse group and demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of concurrent activities
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing demands and requirements.
- Experience in creating procedures, standards and/or practices.
Internship Start Date: Summer 2022
- Overall Cumulative GPA: 3.0 preferred, but may consider 2.5 and above
- Education: Current rising junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS, Masters or MBA student
- Majors: Management of Information Systems or Information Technology, Business Administration, International Affairs, MBA or MS Information Technology
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from May to August
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.