Job Title: Staff Engineer, Additive Manufacturing Product Development
Supervisor Title: Product Line Manager – R Card & Spiral Antenna
SI2 Technologies is a high-tech company dedicated to the design and manufacture of Radio Frequency/Millimeter Wave (RF/MW) systems for military, aerospace, and government platforms constrained by space, weight, power, and cost. Our mission is to increase our country’s warfighters’ effectiveness and survivability by providing solutions to RF/MW and survivability challenges. Our R&D engine combines deep design insight, engineering expertise and product development capabilities to manufacture and test antennas, arrays and/or signal management systems to facilitate optimum performance and increased survivability in land, sea, air, and space applications.
SI2 Technologies is seeking a talented and highly motivated detail-oriented Staff Engineer to support the development of Products via 2-D, 2.5-D and/or 3-D additive manufacturing. As a Staff Engineer at SI2, you will be responsible for supporting the development of materials and processes utilized in our 2-D roll-to-roll inkjet, 2.5-D Direct Write conformal micro-dispensing and 3-D filament deposition molding manufacturing areas. SI2’s additive manufacturing systems require the ability to debug hardware issues, manipulate print files using various software tools, and managing of printing tasks. You will work both individually and with a team of Engineers, Scientists, Program Management, and material Suppliers to meet technical milestones and production goals.
About the Role:
· Operate multiple additive manufacturing systems to support the manufacture of final Products and prototypes.
· Develop, update, and follow process specifications to support the manufacture and characterization of printed Product.
· Continuously identify and propose solutions for efficiency and throughput improvements.
· Develop new processes and materials systems by working with fellow SI2 engineers, suppliers, and customers
· Characterize new inks, surface treatments, substrates, and coatings by performing and analyzing data from various materials characterization techniques including electrical and physical measurements.
· Work individually and with SI2’s team of engineers, management, and subcontractors to develop competitive solutions to meet Customer needs
· Support whitepapers, demonstrations, and proposals used to identify, qualify, and/or capture new Product and Product Development business
· Work with SI2’s engineers and management to identify customer requirements and define solutions for customers that achieve overall Company goals and objectives.
· Monitor and support management of technical tasks to meet the overall project objectives
· Support the creation of work authorizations to guide completion of tasks
· Identify potential issues/risks, and develop and implement solutions.
· Maintain up-to-date job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations; Enhance Company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
· Must be a US Citizenship able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
· B.S. degree in Materials Science, Engineering or a related technical field is required
· 0-3 years of work experience in technical field
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paste and always changing environment
· Ability to contribute to multi-disciplinary programs not necessarily confined to his/her area of expertise.
· Good organizational and writing skills; be self motivated, detail-oriented, enjoy teamwork, and excel in a dynamic environment.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both written and oral forms
· Knowledge of common software tools, such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat
· A willingness and eagerness to learn
· Ability to travel, as required, to prospective and existing partner, subcontractor and customer facilities.
· Machine operating experience a plus.
Headquartered in Billerica, MA, we are located 45 minutes from Boston, and less than an hour from Worcester, MA or Manchester, NH. We have many of the perks you can find in the Boston/Cambridge area (walkable to lunch, local fitness facility, etc.) and some perks that you can’t (ample free parking!)
We have assembled an action-oriented team of smart, creative and energetic technical and business experts passionate about our mission. Our diverse project portfolio and our commitment to our customers sets us apart. We solve complex warfighter problems through “smart” RF electronic system solutions. We use a combination of conventional and additive manufacturing designs, materials, and processesto enhance the warfighter’s effectiveness while providing increased protection against current and emerging threats.
Everyone at SI2 Technologies is a part of the journey.
SI2 Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEOC – M/F/D/VEEO
For more information, please visit www.SI2Technologies.com or follow us on LinkedIn. #WeMakeThingsSmart