This role offers you a rare opportunity to directly impact the energy industry alongside a team of passionate, creative engineers and entrepreneurs in a fun, dynamic innovation center. Shell TechWorks (STW) has developed a company-leading technology delivery methodology that blends systems and design thinking with state-of-the-art technologies and tools, to produce highly effective solutions for Shell. In addition to developing creative systems and products, you will also be part of a truly collaborative, inclusive, multi-functional team with a mission to help Shell produce more and cleaner energy.
This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. For more information about Shell TechWorks, please visit their website: http://www.shell.com/global/future-energy/innovation/innovate-with-shell/shell-techworks.html.
Some examples of projects we have worked on recently include:
· Design novel business models and sourcing strategies for a nascent circular economy venture
· Conduct market share and competitor analyses to identify key technology and investment gaps
· Develop financial models to analyze supply chains, investment opportunities and new ventures
· Model the impact of technology selection and process operations on carbon credit generation and revenue for early-stage renewable energy business unit
· Create decarbonization roadmaps for hard-to-abate industrial sectors by applying scenario analysis methods
· Perform detailed technology & financial evaluations of internal & external decarbonization technology providers to support the creation of decarbonization roadmaps
You will be expected to work with customers (internal and external to Shell), the STW engineering & systems teams, and end users to frame business problems and uncover root causes. You will be expected to use qualitative and quantitative techniques to understand and represent complex business & operations. You will help generate the data, analysis, and frameworks needed to empower customers and stakeholders to make better-informed decisions. STW is seeking individuals who are innovative and design-focused rather than process oriented! You must have excellent critical and abstract thinking skills. Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Business administration, management, finance, economics, or engineering student working towards B.S., M.S., or MBA from an accredited university.
· Prior internships in consulting, product management, or finance are a significant asset.
· Excels in “grey areas” with the ability to take ambiguous stakeholder challenges and conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses to improve decision-making outcomes
· Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships
· Enthusiastic individual with a continuous improvement mindset that has a willingness to contribute to and enhance the culture and our ways of working at STW
· Ability and drive to deliver on time, while working in a semi-autonomous environment.
· Coursework and project related experience that demonstrates understanding in some of the following subject matters:
o Operations management
o Data & decisions
o Business analytics
· Basic experience with various modeling and programming tools, e.g., Microsoft Excel & VBA, Python, MATLAB, etc.
We invest in maintaining an inclusive, fun, and close-knit culture. We provide generous training and development opportunities for employees. Every day we work to provide an environment where all employees feel valued and included, able to nurture their talent as individuals, working within a collaborative team.
A diverse and inclusive workplace, embedded in our principles of honesty, integrity and respect, brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At Shell TechWorks, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better energy future.
Given COVID, this role is likely to be remote and is linked to Shell’s Boston office based in a vibrant office environment located in Boston’s Seaport District. This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks through Cenergy International Systems (CIS). Cenergy is a dynamic company that supplies expert workforce solutions to the oil and gas industry, with offices around the world. This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. CIS offers a generous compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Please apply directly to the position at https://shelltechworks.webhr.co/jobs/home/ by submitting a cover letter and resume for consideration.