Associate, Donor Analytical Sciences
Donor Analytical Sciences, Donor Operations
The Associate, Donor Analytical Sciences, is responsible for laboratory assays to examine and characterize donor microbiomes. This position also oversees activities related to biological sample analysis, inventory, and management. This role works closely with the scientific operations, and quality teams to drive biologic material procurement to support patient treatments for C. difficile and other indications. This is a business-critical position; the impact you have in Seres as a key contributor is tremendous. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entry level bench scientist with strong organizational skills to make an impact while starting their career. This role reports to the Associate Director, Donor Analytical Sciences and will be part of a growing and mission-critical team. Onsite laboratory activity will be required. Relocation is not available for this position.
The Donor Analytical Sciences team is on the front lines of ensuring Ecobiotic® drugs are available to patients in the commercial phase to treat C. difficile and to support clinical trials currently staged for other treatment areas.
· Perform laboratory tests, data processing and analyses using various laboratory techniques.
· Maintain an accurate inventory tracking system.
· Present technical information that pertains to the program as appropriate.
· Interact with internal and external stakeholders and vendors in a professional capacity.
· Contribute to laboratory supply ordering and general laboratory management
· BS with 1-2 years’ experience
· Hands-on laboratory experience through either prior work experience or biotechnology-level laboratory course work.
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Strong organization and record keeping skills will be critical for success in this position
· Ability to adhere to and execute program Protocols / Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Proficient in Microsoft suite
· Experience working in a Quality Control group or environment considered a plus
· Proficiency in statistical analyses software, such as JMP, considered a plus.