Analytical Operations Associate
Seres Therapeutics is developing an entirely new class of medicines using live bacteria to treat diseases resulting from functional deficiencies in the gut microbiome. Our approach identifies key alterations in the microbiome associated with disease and designs tailored oral therapeutic microbial candidates to improve patient outcomes. We have clinical stage programs in recurrent Clostridium difficile infection, ulcerative colitis, and immuno-oncology and are well-positioned to become the first company to commercialize a new therapeutic modality comprised of ecologies of commensal bacteria.
We are looking for a proactive team player and rapid learner to help us analyze these exciting microbial therapies. Seres has developed a suite of proprietary analytical techniques spanning microbiology, molecular biology, and chemistry that we routinely use to characterize our products. As part of the role, you will have the opportunity to learn these novel methods and execute them to help us move our products forward to patients. Additionally, we are a highly collaborative team, and your analytical work will support critical efforts from functions across the company, including R&D, Bioprocess Development, and Formulations Development. If you have a strong positive attitude and are excited about learning and applying new skills while also potentially making a difference in people’s lives, this may be the role for you.
· Rapidly learn Seres’ proprietary assays to help characterize an entirely new class of therapeutics
· Execute assays routinely to generate accurate, precise, trustworthy data to support process development efforts and clinical drug product release and stability
· Analyze and record data rigorously and critically, and rapidly report out analytical results and flag any issues observed
· Promote analytical process improvements by authoring and updating assay SOPs
· Qualify analytical instruments for use and troubleshoot issues as necessary
· Work with more senior staff to develop, qualify, and troubleshoot analytical methods for process monitoring and product release
· BS degree in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry or a related discipline and 1-2 years of laboratory experience, preferably in assay execution
· Team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment; Highly proactive and interested in rapidly learning new skills and helping the team
· Strong analytical, communication, documentation, and organizational skills
· Experience executing microbiological assays (i.e. CFU, microscopy, microbiological identification), molecular assays (qPCR, etc.) and/or biochemical assays is valuable
· Ability to operate analytical instrumentation (i.e. flow cytometry, microscopy, titration equipment, etc.)
· Working knowledge of office productivity software and the ability to quickly learn new software; Experience with the use of Electronic Laboratory Notebooks is a plus
· Familiarity with cGMP operations and regulations is a plus