This position is responsible to conduct HPLC based and light scattering techniques or cell-based assays to support assay development on potential vaccine candidates. The ideal candidate would help develop variety of HPLC and light scattering methods for characterization of small/large molecules or support development of cell cultures for expression of vaccine antigens.
Conduct biophysical/chemical methods for protein characterization
- Perform and optimize HPLC based methods for biomolecules quantification
- Perform and optimize LS-based methods including but not limited to dynamic light scattering, SEC-MALS, and FFF-MALS for characterization of large biomolecules
- Analyze analytical results with analysis software eg. MATLAB, Origin or Prism
- Independently perform a variety of mammalian cell culture procedures including but not limited to culture cells, transfection, and protein expression
- Develop imaging techniques for quantification of antigen expression in live-cell media
- Conduct cell-based assays to quantify protein expression using FACS/high throughput microscopy
Documentation and presentation of scientific results.
- Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports. Maintain lab notebooks.
- Collaborate with project teams, present research results and contribute to technical advancements and publications.
- Maintain functional laboratory equipment and follow HSE regulation.
Other job duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Support other functions and other divisions when needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biochemistry/bio/chemical engineering or related biological sciences.
- M.S. with 0-3 or B.S. with 2-5 years of academic or pharmaceutical/biotech experience in biochemistry.
- Hands on experience with proteins/mRNA and biological samples is required
- Hands on experience with cell culture/transfection, Gel electrophoresis/WB or HPLC/LS (FFF-MALS/DLS) is required
- The ability to generate accurate and reproducible results along with multi-tasking are critical.
- Desire to work under a collaborative and fast pace environment is preferred.
- Organizational, written and oral communication skills and ability to work in teams is required.