This position will be responsible for designing, building, and testing platforms for multivalent mRNA-based vaccine development. This position will work closely on designing, screening and testing mRNA elements for most stable and potent mRNA vaccine platform.
Platform development for mRNA.
- Design, build, and test seasonal and pandemic flu mRNA vaccines in the form of mono- and multi-cistronic format.
- Design, build, screen and test functional RNA elements or expression strategies in the non-coding and coding region of mRNA vaccine.
- This person independently generates practical experimental designs and steps to achieve scientific goals, to develop new protocols or introduce novel systems that serve to accomplish scientific goals.
Documentation and presentation of scientific results.
- Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports. Maintain lab notebooks.
- Collaborate with project teams, present research results and contribute to technical advancements and publications.
- Maintain functional laboratory equipment and keep up with ordering and lab organizing.
Other job duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- The candidate should be agile in supporting other activities in the MMB and other functions, including but not limited to idea generation and assay supports.
- PhD degree in molecular biology, RNA biology or related fields required;
- PhD with 3-5+ years of postdoc experience preferred in academia and industry experience molecular biology or RNA biology.
- Experienced in enabling multi-cistronic expression in post transcriptional and/or post translational settings is required.
- Working experience of DNA construct design and production is required.
- Working experience with mRNA, with training in RNA biology is required: such as knowledge of RNA structure, base modifications, novel RNA capping, RNA tails, splicing, intron, RNA elements, RNA folding, RNA half-life, untranslated regions, or aptmers, etc.
- Experience in synthetic biology is a plus.
- Experience of cell-based reporter assays is a plus.
- Previous experience in the flu or vaccines field is desired.