Marine Science & Education Virtual/Remote Internship
Our team focuses on ecological restoration, community engagement, and research that ultimately protects our waterways and coastal environments. Historically, we have run field trips and volunteer days in the Gloucester area and performed a series of field projects including plastic and invasive mitigation, sea level rise data collection, and others. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented more virtual programming to involve our community in a meaningful and safe way. The ideal MS&E intern should be passionate about sustainability and knowledgeable about current issues related to our environment.
MS&E initiatives include: creating educational materials to facilitate citizen science, assisting in research for the Chebacco Lake restoration work, mitigating marine debris via various initiatives, collaborating with other Seaside teams, and more!
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative and interpersonal environment
- Must be able to perform literature reviews and extensive research into a wide range of topics
- Should be able to organize and write about advanced scientific information for the general public
- Knowledge of how and when to cite sources (APA preferred)
Desired experience include:
- Research (preferably in STEM)
- Performance of scientific literature reviews and interaction with academic publications
- Courses in environmental science, sustainability, or environmental justice
- Jobs in sustainability
- Experience creating educational materials for children
- ArcGIS experience is a bonus!