Location: Longmont, CO, US
About our group:
At Seagate, we are passionate about keeping our employees safe and healthy, and ensuring that our operations are environmentally responsible in the communities where we do business. Our efforts are the result of over a decade of collecting environmental, health, and safety performance indicators, which continue to be used to develop strategies for reducing the risk that is associated with our operations. Today, our EH&S Management systems ensure that we are successful in our overall goal of operational excellence through continuous improvements in our risk reduction and mitigation efforts. Through the EH&S programs that are implemented throughout our organization, we can be assured that our employees and contractors work safely and integrate EH&S procedures and practices into daily work activities, projects, and programs.
Areas of Interest: corporate safety programs, regulatory compliance, ergonomics, training, auditing (ISO)
About the role – you will:
● Assist in the review and enhancement of Corporate Safety programs to include development of training material, regulatory compliance, stakeholder feedback, etc.
● Assist as a Central Function in preparation for ISO 45001 audits across all Seagate sites
● Assist in implementation and roll-out of new Global EHS initiatives
● Assist with development, tracking and implementation of Global EHS training
● Other general EHS Tasks, as needed with the opportunity to gain exposure to various Corporate EHS programs including Ergonomics Program, Training Program, Safety Inspection Program, Electrical Safety Program, etc.
● Through this position, the Intern will work both independently and in consultation with technical professionals across many Seagate sites
● The student will gain valuable experience that complements class work and that provides essential career development opportunities
● As a Seagate Intern, you will learn to apply engineering, analytical, and communication skills to impact the bottom line
● The position is flexible and specific tasks will depend on the successful applicant’s knowledge, skill set, and interests
● Project will expose the student to a wide variety of EHS practices, will provide exposure to Seagate EHS Policies, and will give the student experience working with both EHS and Facilities professional(s)
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
● Current undergraduate or master’s student pursuing occupational safety, environmental science, industrial hygiene, public health, or a related discipline and returning to school fall 2022
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to this position
● Project management skills
Your experience includes:
● Completion of coursework in various EHS programs
You might also have:
● Pursuit of an MS degree in Public Health, EHS, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or a related field
Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art cleanroom and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community.
Colorado’s 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base hourly range for this position: $17-27. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
Location: Longmont, United States
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.