ABOUT US: Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. We expand basic knowledge in the biosciences and use these fundamental advancements to develop profound innovations that improve wellbeing. Our educational and training programs mold talented and committed students and postdocs into leading edge scientists. Scientists in the institute’s five academic research departments work hand-in-hand with researchers of the Scripps Research Translational Institute and Calibr to merge foundational studies in biology, chemistry and computer science with translational science to produce pioneering drugs and advances in digital and precision medicine. Together, we cultivate new scientific leaders and expand the frontiers of knowledge to deliver medical breakthroughs to better human health around the globe. If you have a passion for making a difference, this could be your opportunity to join our transformative team.
POSITION TITLE: Research Assistant I
Successful candidate will perform mass spectrometry-based research for various structural proteomic projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work under general supervision. Assistance given for unusual problems and normally reviewed for application of sound professional judgement
- Ability to independently conduct a wide variety of standard laboratory techniques/procedures. Some ability to use judgement when necessary to adapt standard methods and techniques. Receive instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions.
- May provide interpretation and initial analyses of results.
- Limited ability to troubleshoot and modify procedures.
- May assist in designing experiments to complete a segment of overall research plan.
- Details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been attained. Requires 1-3 years’ experience in biological mass spectrometry and HPLC methods development. Candidates possessing a master’s degree, 0-2 years’ experience required.
- Florida & Palm Beach County residents are preferred.
- This position works in a laboratory environment.
Commensurate with experience
The above statements describe the level of work performed and expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of employees so classified, and the content herein is subject to change due to the business needs of Scripps Research, with or without notice. Furthermore, nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Scripps Research staff.
Scripps is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until restrictions change, interviews will be conducted virtually.