ABOUT US: Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. We expand basic knowledge in the biosciences, and use these fundamental advancements to develop profound innovations that improve wellbeing. Our educational and training programs mold talented and committed students and postdocs into leading edge scientists. Scientists in the institute’s five academic research departments work hand-in-hand with researchers of the Scripps Research Translational Institute and Calibr to merge foundational studies in biology, chemistry and computer science with translational science to produce pioneering drugs and advances in digital and precision medicine. Together, we cultivate new scientific leaders and expand the frontiers of knowledge to deliver medical breakthroughs to better human health around the globe. If you have a passion for making a difference, this could be your opportunity to join our transformative team.
POSITION TITLE: HTS Robotics Engineer I
Under general supervision, responsible for operating fully automated high-throughput screening (HTS) and compound management robotic platforms that support the execution of diverse biochemical and cell-based assay protocols.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
- Operate & maintain ancillary laboratory automation to reformat compounds and/or execute HTS assays in 96-, 384-, and/or 1536-well format plates.
- operate and analysis analytic chemistry data using LC-MS
- Implement and miniaturize biological assays for HTS
- Work with internal scientific, information technology and engineering support personnel to successfully develop & execute HTS and/or compound management protocols.
- Operate vendor software that interfaces with automated equipment and processes large amounts of HTS-related and/or chemical inventory related data.
- Liaise with local scientists to provide interface between them and robotic automation and instrumentation found in the lab.
- Details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical sciences. 0-1 years related experience in an engineering, analytical or HTS laboratory required. Practical understanding of physical chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, biochemistry, and/or cell biology preferred. Demonstrated technical proficiency performing complicated lab techniques, including equipment operation and maintenance, liquid handling and automation. Demonstrated proficiency with MS office, particularly Excel & Access. Excellent communication and interpersonal and team skills. Attention to detail, strong mathematical & mechanical background. Experience with SQL, VB, C++, Java, HTML and/or Oracle db experience desired.
- Florida and Palm Beach County residents preferred.
Commensurate with experience
The above statements describe the level of work performed and expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of employees so classified, and the content herein is subject to change due to the business needs of Scripps Research, with or without notice. Furthermore, nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Scripps Research staff.
Scripps is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until restrictions change, interviews will be conducted virtually.