ABOUT US: Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. We expand basic knowledge in the biosciences and use these fundamental advancements to develop profound innovations that improve wellbeing. Our educational and training programs mold talented and committed students and postdocs into leading edge scientists. Scientists in the institute’s five academic research departments work hand-in-hand with researchers of the Scripps Research Translational Institute and Calibr to merge foundational studies in biology, chemistry and computer science with translational science to produce pioneering drugs and advances in digital and precision medicine. Together, we cultivate new scientific leaders and expand the frontiers of knowledge to deliver medical breakthroughs to better human health around the globe. If you have a passion for making a difference, this could be your opportunity to join our transformative team.
POSITION TITLE: Scientific Associate
Scripps Research is currently seeking a Scientific Associate who is a driven and dynamic scientist with great organizational abilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist postdocs and students with technical issues, as necessary
- Responsible for organizing inventory
- Responsible for keeping chemicals in stock and -place lab orders
- Ensure lab equipment is working properly
- Operate sophisticated scientific lab equipment
- Provide safety training for new lab members and perform other related duties (tasks and responsibilities as required or assigned).
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been attained.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
This position works in a laboratory environment. Further details of the physical requirements of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
Compensation: $65,770-$80,000 per year.
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until restrictions change, interviews will be conducted virtually. New hires will work remotely, unless specifically authorized for campus access.