Our mission is to engineer best-in-class CRISPR therapies that will permanently treat the underlying cause of genetic disease in vivo. Scribe uses holistic molecular engineering to design, evolve, build and apply exclusive CRISPR technologies with enhanced therapeutic attributes for in vivo use. The company’s technology leverages highly engineered CRISPR enzymes that provide combined aspects of greater efficacy, specificity, and deliverability than currently available CRISPR genome editing technology.
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us as a research associate on the Production team to aid in the expression, purification, and testing of viral vectors harboring our gene editing technology. This role will require an expertise in mammalian cell culture, molecular biology, and the safe handling of viruses. There will be ample opportunities for professional and personal growth in a rapidly advancing biotechnology company.
- Work as an integral member of the viral production core to produce high quality vectors for in vitro and in vivo testing
- Coordinate with engineering and screening teams to prioritize lead candidates for production
- Implement quality control and potency testing of produced vectors with relevant documentation
- Effectively collaborate with members in a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines
- Effectively present updates, research plans, and timelines to the senior leadership team
- BS/BA in Virology, Cell or Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related discipline
- 1+ years wet lab research experience and/or relevant coursework
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and transient transfection
- Post baccalaureate studies or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in molecular biology, nucleic acid/protein analysis, protein production (e.g. qPCR, RT-qPCR, Western blotting, buffer preparation, etc.)
- Experience with viral transductions, flow cytometry, and relevant data analysis
- History of safe and aseptic handling of viruses
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to manufacture and test the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.